what are the different careers in law field
Thomas Jefferson (1743 – 1826 ) was a famous U.S lawyer ; once he said that “ The study of law is useful in variety of points of view. It qualifies a man to be useful to himself to his neighbors , and to the public. ” Pursuing Law is not only a career option, but also it is a life changing for many people. Law as a career gave us excellent leaders and authentic human beings to the world. Personalities like-
Dr. B.R Ambedkar , Mahatma Gandhi , Barack Obama , Abraham Lincoln , Nelson Mandela , Vladimir Putin , Fidel Castro and many more. We should take some inspiration from these world leaders who were politicians with their law degree.
Do you want to know more about careers in Law ? Don’t know where and how to start ? Well , you came to the right place. Stay in touch till the end and you will get all your answers regarding careers in law.
TYPES OF CAREER IN LAW FIELD
Corporate Lawyer –
Simple, a law firm is a business started by one person or several lawyers to make a profit by practicing law. These law firms tend to increase their geographical reach to catch more areas and clients. Also with small firms, there are large firms which deals with acquisitions, corporate categories, competition, finance, taxation, banks, etc.
Public Prosecutor –
This is a lawyer appointed by the Government to involve the state in criminal matters. State government commissions conduct experiments to appoint such prosecutors. This post will give you the opportunity to have a fixed monthly income.
For those who want to start a law career, pursuing a course in Criminology or specializing it, can be a great option. Being an law student, they will get to learn various aspects of Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, etc.
An attorney is a professional who writes a list of documents and communicates with his or her clients. Such an attorney needs to appear in court on behalf of the client.
This job will make you appear in court every day. Your salary will start on the first day. Your job is to help, draft, speak, type, and much more.
Paralegal is the relevant name of the Legal Assistant who works in public law firms or private firms. The duty of the legal assistant to perform the various legal duties of the attorneys. Not like secretaries, they engage in major activities. Like – preparing date of hearing, meeting with clients, court trial matters etc.
Judicial Services –
In movies, you may have heard “Order-order.” The process of nominating a judge may vary from country to country. However, state commissions run trials in many areas. In some places, even beginners qualify for such tests, but in others, knowledge is the key.
Investing Agencies –
After getting a law degree, students get a chance to work in an investigating agencies, if they want. Agencies like CBI, FBI, ED, works on a national level. Candidates hired through competitive examination or rigorous selection. It is a good field where you can serve your duty in a society.
Apart from this , there are also other options , like-
- Law Firm Administrative OR Chief Managing Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Trade Mark Attorney
- Patent Attorney
- Immigrant Assistant
- Company Secretary
Also read : what is law important why do we need it
SALARIES AFTER GETTING GOOD CAREERS IN LAW
Mentioning average salaries of different types of career in law ( in India ) :-
- Junior Lawyer – 2-3 Lack
- Private Lawyer – 3-4 Lack
- Corporate Lawyer – 3-4 Lack
- Advocate – 3-4 Lack
- Litigator – 2-2.5 Lack
- Solicitor – 1-2 Lack
- Paralegal – 3-4 Lack
TOP LAW COURSES
- BSc- LLB
- LLB – ( Latin word – Lex Legum Baccalaureus , means Bachelor of Law )
- LLM – ( Lex Legum Magister , means Masters of Law )
- MBL ( Master of business law )
- National Law Schools of India university , NLSIU – Bangalore
- Delhi National Law University , NLU – Delhi
- Hyderabad National Law University , NLU – Hyderabad
- The West Bengal National University of Juridicial Science , NUJS – Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Technology , IIT – Kharagpur
- Gujarat National Law University , GNLU – Gandhinagar
- Jamia Millia Islamia , JMI – New Delhi
- National Law University , NLU – Jodhpur
- Symbiosis Law School , SLS – Pune
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology , KIIT – Bhubaneshwar
TOP 10 ABROAD UNIVERSITIES
- Harvard University – Massachusetts , U.S.A
- University of Oxford – Oxford , England
- University of Cambridge – Cambridge , England
- Yale University – New Heaven , U.S.A
- Stanford University – Stanford , California , U.S.A
- London Schools of Economic & Political Science – London , England
- University of California – Oakland , California , U.S.A
- Colombia University – New York , U.S.A
- The University of Melbourne – Melbourne , Australia
Law is very high and well valued profession job observed in India. It provides you much respect in society, and also controls your financial status. It also provides you many practical skills, which help your society to grow. Law gives us very bright future.