What is the meaning of wages?
According to section 2 (vi) of the Payment of wages Act, means all remuneration expressed in terms of money or such that can be expressed. It is either by way of salary allowance or remuneration payable to employee on the fulfillment of employment. Which includes:-
- Any amount payable to any award or settlement between the parties or court order.
- Amounts to which the employee is entitled in connection with working overtime, holidays or leave period.
- Any other rewards according to working conditions – bonuses, incentives, etc.
- The amount of money that the employee must receive due to termination of employment. Further, such amount is payable either by law or by contract or instrument specifying the payment of such amount. Also, it may or may not include deductions. Nor does it specify the time in which the company must make the payment.
- Any amount to which an employee is entitled under any scheme established under any applicable law. However, it does not include:
- Any bonus that is not part of the remuneration paid under the terms of employment. Or a bonus not payable pursuant to any award or settlement between the parties or court order.
- The value of any domestic accommodation or supply of water, light, medical care or any service which is excluded from the calculation of wages by order of the Government.
- Employer’s contribution to any pension or retirement fund and also interest thereon.
- Any travel reimbursements or travel concessions.
- Any amount received by an employee to cover special expenses due to the nature of his employment.
- Gratuities were payable upon termination of employment in cases other than those listed in sub-clause(d).
also read trade union act- labour organization
Objective of the Payment of Wages Act 1936
The Minimum Wages Act 1948 regulates the determination of wage rates (time, piece, guaranteed time, overtime) for any industry.
1) While fixing the hours for a normal working day according to the sample, you must provide an escort:
The number of hours to be set for a normal working day should have at least one stretch/break
A representative should have one three-day weekend out of the entire week to rest.
Installation on a day selected for rest should be paid at a rate at least according to the additional time rate
2) If the representative is engaged in work that includes his service in at least two reserved occupations, the worker’s wages will include the specific compensatory rate of all work for the number of hours devoted in each enterprise.
3) The enterprise must keep records of the work of all workers, wages and receipts.
post referred from https://blog.ipleaders.in
It is in reality a great and useful piece of information. I am glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.